Telegram is an increasingly popular instant messaging app that has taken the world by storm. With over 800 million active users, Telegram is now one of the most widely used messaging apps in the world. One of the many benefits of Telegram is that it allows users to create and join groups on a wide range of topics, including language learning. For language teachers, Telegram offers an excellent platform to connect with students and earn money using InviteMember, a powerful membership management tool.
In this article, we’ll explore how language teachers can use Telegram and InviteMember to create a profitable language teaching business. We will discuss the benefits of using Telegram, how to create a language group on Telegram, and how to monetize that group using InviteMember.
For a case study of one successful language and music teacher, check out Teja's story of using InviteMember to teach online.
Benefits of Using Telegram for Language Teachers
Recent academic studies have shown that students are overwhelmingly in favor of using Telegram for language learning and that results show a high level of achievement as opposed to other online delivery methods. The British Council has even implemented Telegram-based learning for teachers. With these developments in mind, it’s clear that Telegram has a strong place in the future of online learning, particularly for language acquisition.
So, what makes Telegram such a great tool for online language teachers?
Everyone runs their classroom differently, whether it’s in-person or online, and Telegram offers the same level of customization. So, every teacher will have their own unique benefits that the platform accentuates. However, from the simplicity of the platform to the increased student engagement it allows for, we’ll go through some of the most prominent features that are sure to help any language teacher.
Telegram has a massive user base that spans the globe and continues to grow exponentially. The app is available on desktops, laptops, tablets, and mobile devices, making it easy for students to access class materials and communicate with their teachers from anywhere.
As a language teacher, you can leverage this user base to reach out to potential students from all over the world. Furthermore, the platform is one that will look and feel familiar for students, which will only increase their comfort and engagement on the platform.
Variety of Communication Methods
Speaking of increased engagement, language learning is all about practicing and actually communicating. So, there’s no more natural fit than an application that’s making communication more open and accessible for users around the world.
Running your class on Telegram allows for a wide range of communication methods, including sharing static content, text chats, video calls, audio calls, reactions, and a wide range of files. You can have private chats, group chats, and broadcast to the entire list of users. There are so many ways to interact on Telegram, it’s the natural fit for teaching your students and allowing them to connect with you and their peers to deepen their learning.
Easy Group Creation
Telegram makes it easy for anyone to create a group and invite others to join. With just a few clicks, you can create a language group and start teaching your students. Tools like InviteMember (more on that later) enhance this simple process and extend this simplicity to collecting payments and managing your students’ access to your groups/channels.
Even if you’re not the most tech-savvy, Telegram and InviteMember make earning money while teaching languages online an accessible, pain-free process.
Unlike other social media platforms, Telegram is ad-free, which means that you can focus on teaching without any distractions. There are premium Telegram accounts, but there’s no need to pay for an account and you won’t be bombarded with ads or spammy messages. You and your students can instead just focus on learning.
Telegram has numerous security features that make it a safe platform for language teachers and their students. For example, Telegram allows content creators to protect their groups and channels from theft, and it also allows users to set up two-factor authentication to further protect their accounts.
Monetizing Your Language Group using InviteMember
InviteMember is a powerful membership management tool that allows you to monetize your Telegram group by charging users for access. Once you have your membership bot set up, it handles the payments, adds users to groups/channels, and removes them when they cancel or stop paying. This all happens behind the scenes, so you can focus on teaching.
Here’s a quick run-down of how to use InviteMember to monetize your language group:
Step 1: Set up InviteMember
First, you need to set up InviteMember. To do this, go to the InviteMember website and sign up for an account. Once you have signed up, you can create a subscription plan and set the price for access. You can even change the bot’s language to the language you’re teaching because InviteMember supports over 20 of the most spoken/taught languages around the world!
Step 2: Connect InviteMember to Your Telegram Group
Next, you need to connect InviteMember to your Telegram group. To do this, go to the InviteMemberBot dashboard, select "Channels & groups", and click on the “Add resource” button. You will then be prompted to go through the bot setup process and select a group or channel you want to connect with your project. InviteMember will prompt you through the whole process on Telegram, but you can also find a full guide that goes through the process in great detail here.
Step 3: Promote Your Group
Once you have created a subscription plan and connected your Telegram group to it, you can start promoting your group to potential students. You can advertise your subscription plans on social media platforms, language learning forums, and other relevant websites. InviteMember also has a built-in affiliate program so that your students can earn a passive income for attracting others to your class.
Step 4: Teach and Earn
Once students start accessing your group, they will be prompted to pay for access using InviteMember. Once they pay, they’re provided the join link, and their payment appears in your account. With language teachers focusing on so many languages all over the world, InviteMember provides integrations for a range of international payment providers. You can then start teaching your students and earning money for your language teaching services.
Promoting your Language Group and Attracting Students
Once you’ve set up your language learning service through InviteMember on Telegram and started to create some engaging content, the next step is to promote your group and attract students. Here are some tips for successfully promoting your language group on Telegram and best practices for attracting and retaining students:
- Use social media. Share the link to your Telegram language group on your social media accounts, whether that’s Instagram, Tiktok, Reddit, or Facebook. Use relevant hashtags and reach out to followers who may be interested in learning the language you’re teaching.
- Leverage existing networks. Ask your current students to invite their friends and family members who are interested in learning the language to join the group. You can also partner with other language teachers or language learning organizations to cross-promote your group. To help with this, InviteMember offers a Segmented Broadcast feature, so you can communicate individually or in bulk with your audience.
- Create engaging content. Keep your group members engaged by posting interesting and useful content, such as language learning tips, news articles, and cultural insights. Encourage members to share their own content and participate in group discussions - after all, having a class on Telegram makes it easy to share files up to 2 GB, take advantage of unlimited cloud storage, and encourage dynamic communication between yourself and your students.
- Offer incentives. Consider offering incentives, such as discounts on classes or free resources, to students who invite their friends to join the group. This can help incentivize students to spread the word and attract new members. InviteMember makes these incentives easy to incorporate for your Telegram students. Besides the previously discussed affiliate program, Access Codes will allow you to offer gifts and promotions with little effort, or you can even tailor advanced plan settings to create exclusive “newcomers only” plans, for example.
- Respond quickly to inquiries. When potential students reach out with questions or express interest in joining the group, respond promptly and offer helpful information. This can help build trust and establish a positive reputation for your group. InviteMember comes with SUCH fully integrated for users, which helps make this process as easy and efficient as possible for you and your students.
- Host events and activities. Consider hosting virtual events and activities, such as small group breakout chats, movie nights, cultural workshops, or video calls to keep your group members engaged and create a sense of community.
- Monitor group activity. Keep an eye on group activity and address any inappropriate behavior or spam. This can help maintain a positive and welcoming environment for all group members, and being on top of group interactions also keeps users equally active and invested. Promptly responding to questions and activity builds value, and Telegram makes this level of interaction quick and painless.
By following these tips and best practices, you can effectively promote your language group on Telegram and attract and retain students who are interested in learning the language you are teaching. You can also find a detailed breakdown of other proven strategies for promoting your Telegram-based subscription business here.
Tips for Successful Language Teaching on Telegram
Teaching a language on Telegram can be a unique and effective way to reach students from all over the world. It can feel completely new at first, but Telegram offers new ways to apply improvements on many of the same teaching methods that are already considered best practices in any language classroom.
Here are some tips for effective language teaching on Telegram and ideas for engaging students and keeping them motivated on the platform:
- Set clear learning objectives: When designing your language lessons, make sure to clearly define your learning objectives and communicate them to your students. This can help students understand what they will be learning and why it is important. It’s a great idea to have an outline with expectations that you can set as a pinned message in your group for users to access easily.
- Provide structured lessons: Structure your Telegram course in a way that is easy to follow and understand. It’s a good idea to post clear instructions and a guide to the class and its resources as a pinned message, as noted above. It’s easy for online materials to feel unstructured and overwhelming for students, so organization and clarity go a long way.
- Encourage active participation: Encourage students to actively participate in the learning process by asking questions, sharing their own experiences, and engaging in group discussions. It’s a good idea to provide side Discussion Groups within your Telegram channel and encourage your students to use them.
- Provide regular feedback: Provide regular feedback on student performance and progress. This can help students understand where they need to improve and stay motivated. This increased interaction is also made easier by Telegram, and allows more personal connections to be made than a traditional online course. Voice messages can be a great way to provide language feedback and engage students.
- Foster a supportive learning environment: Create a supportive and inclusive learning environment where students feel comfortable asking questions, making mistakes, and feeling friendship within your community. This can help build confidence and encourage students to take risks with the language, while also keeping them in your language classes.
- Use a variety of teaching materials: Use a variety of teaching materials, such as videos, audio recordings, and interactive quizzes, to provide a dynamic and engaging learning experience. Fortunately, using Telegram allows you the ability to share files up to 2GB in size with unlimited cloud storage, so there's nearly no limit to the materials you can share. Or, you can upgrade to Premium for even larger files.
With these tips, you can effectively engage and motivate your students to learn a new language on Telegram, helping them grow in their abilities and stay subscribed to your course. For more general tips on teaching within Telegram, here’s another breakdown of strategies and teaching methods.
No matter what language you’re teaching, using Telegram and InviteMember can be a highly effective and engaging way to help students learn a new language. Telegram and InviteMember can provide language teachers with a powerful platform for delivering effective language instruction to students around the world and earning a living for their efforts.
Using Telegram and InviteMember can be a great way to reach a global audience, build a community of language learners, and provide the most cutting-edge language instruction. Monetization may seem scary for new online language instructors, but InviteMember makes this process smooth and seamless, so teachers can set it up and focus on teaching rather than collecting payments and doing accounting.
By following best practices for language teaching and engagement, language teachers using Telegram can create a positive and engaging learning experience for their students, while also generating revenue and building their brand as a language teacher without being tethered to a physical space. If you're ready to boost your language teaching business, visit InviteMember.com today and start for free!